This course shows you how to create new entities that store various details for your business and build forms to ease up data management for users of the CRM. We also explore other features such as building new business processes, creating business rules, and validations to ensure that quality data is stored in the system.
Moving on, we show you how to administrate the CRM by enabling user access, setting up data security, and doing other common configurations. We also show you how to provide a better help experience for users with guided help, and finally, we look at the various aspects of enabling customized processes for phones and businesses.
While covering all of these topics, we’ll also talk about the best practices you should follow to ensure great overall system performance.
About the Author :
Piyush Paliwal has worked as a Microsoft Dynamics CRM consultant for more than half a decade and has been associated with Microsoft for a few years now. During this time frame, he helped various customers manage their sales pipeline by bringing their business processes into Dynamics CRM or Dynamics 365, which is what we have today. In his free time, he usually goes for a drive or swims.
This video will give you an overview about the course.
This video showcases all the available theming options with Dynamics 365. By the end you should be able to upload your company logo and change the color scheme to match your company’s scheme.
• Look at the default available themes
• Customize themes and change colors of Dynamics 365
• Change logo of your organization
This video covers the concept of business units and why they are useful to your business and what type of data will they capture.
• What are business units
• How can they be of help to your organization
• Create/modify business units for your organization
This video introduces the audience to regional settings in Dynamics 365. By the end of it, users would be able change time zone, region, date, time formats, language, and currencies.
• Update regional settings of you organization
• Format changes (date, time, language, currency)
This video explores what security is and why it is needed in your organization.
• Understand security concepts
• What are the goals of security
• Understand the pillars of security
This video demonstrates how we provide access to data to users or teams at entity level by role based security.
• Understand role-based security
• What are security roles
• How can we provide access to system using security roles
This video demonstrates how we provide access to data to users or teams per record level by record-based security.
• Understand record-based security
• Introduction to concept of sharing
• How sharing can help provide access at record level
This video demonstrates how we can provide access to data following different hierarchies in the system.
• What is hierarchy and understand hierarchy security
• Introduction to position based hierarchy
• Understand manager based hierarchy
This video showcases the how we can restrict access to data at the most granular level that the at field level by field security.
• Understand the concepts of field security
• Introduction to field security profiles
• Demo on how field security works
In this video, we’ll look at all the essential components of customizing like metadata, supported, unsupported customizations, publishing customizations, solutions.
• Understand metadata and metadata-driven architecture
• Differentiate between supported and unsupported customizations
• Understand the customization publishing process
In this video, we’ll look at solutions and understand what components are present in it and why it is needed.
• What is a solution and why it is helpful
• Managed versus unmanaged solutions
• Understand different solution components
In this video, we’ll look at how to create or modify metadata by creating entities, its fields and relationships between two entities.
• Understand creation of entities, fields and relationships
• Understand different entity types, field types in CRM
• Understand different relationship behaviors which helps in security modeling
In this video, we’ll look at the process of designing forms, different types of forms, and where can we use all these different forms.
• Understand all the form types available in CRM and where they are used
• How to add/remove fields and relationships on form
• Understand concepts of grouping fields with tabs and sections
In this video, we’ll look at how views and dashboards are built in CRM and how do we make them available for all the users.
• Understand what views and dashboards are
• Look at different types of views and dashboards in CRM
• Understand customizing views and dashboards
In this video, we will discuss about how business process flows are designed and developed for different entities.
• Enable business process flows for entities
• Design the process flows
• Explore other possibilities of process flows
In this video, we will talk about how simple rules can be implemented without writing any code using business rules.
• Design business rules
• Set and clear field values
• Create business recommendation
In this video, we will look at how to implement duplicate detection to ensure the quality of data is maintained.
• Enable duplicate detection rules for entities
• Configure rules for various entities
• Explore duplicate detection criteria’s like exact match, first characters, and last characters
In this video, we will look at how to enable alternate keys which will allow for maintaining data integrity during integrations.
• Enable and create alternate keys
• Alternate key limitations
• Integrate external applications with CRM using alternate keys
In this video, you’ll visualize and query hierarchical data in Dynamics 365.
• Enable hierarchies in the system
• Understand what hierarchical data is
• Build queries to extract hierarchies from system
In this video, we will look at how to build guided experiences and help on-boarding people on the system using learning path
• Enable the authoring of guided user experience
• Create learning path
• Design and publish various types of guided experiences available in learning path
In this video, you’ll learn how to customize dynamics 365 for tablets and phone.
• Download the app on the phone and login
• Enable the entity
• Access all the related tabs to mobile